OBD-II Trouble Code Description for P0123 Nissan
Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch “A” Circuit High
What does this mean?
OBD2 Code P0123 Nissan definition:
A P0123 Nissan code means that the the car’s computer has detected that the TPS (throttle position sensor) is reporting too high a voltage.
Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0123 Nissan
Rough idle High idle Surging other symptoms may also be present
Possible causes of OBD code P0123 Nissan
A code P0123 Nissan may mean that one or more of the following has happened: TPS not mounted securely TPS circuit short to ground or another wire Faulty TPS Damaged computer (PCM)
If there are no symptoms, the simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. If there are symptoms such as the engine is stumbling or hesitating, carefully inspect all wiring and connectors that lead to the TPS. More than likely the problem is with the TPS wiring. Check the voltage at the TPS (refer to a service manual for your vehicle for this specific information). If the voltage spikes or is too high (over 4.65 volts with key on, engine off), then that is indicative of a problem. Carefully trace each wire from the TPS wiring harness to check for breaks, rubbing against other components, etc.
The OBD2 Code Information Be Applicable For Nissan:
2013 Nissan Pathfinder,2013 Nissan Murano,2013 Nissan Juke Nismo,2013 Nissan GT-R,2013 Nissan Altima Sedan,2013 Nissan Almera,2013 Nissan 370Z,2012 Nissan Tiida,2012 Nissan Sunny,2012 Nissan Qashqai,2012 Nissan Murano,2012 Nissan Micra ELLE,2012 Nissan Micra DIG-S,2012 Nissan Maxima,2012 Nissan Juke Shiro,2012 Nissan GT-R,2012 Nissan Extrem Concept,2011 Nissan X-Trail,2011 Nissan Rogue,2011 Nissan Quest,2011 Nissan Pivo 3 Concept,2011 Nissan Patrol,2011 Nissan Murano,2011 Nissan Micra,2011 Nissan LEAF,2011 Nissan Juke,2011 Nissan GT-R,2011 Nissan 370Z,2010 Nissan Qashqai,2010 Nissan Pathfinder,2010 Nissan Navara,2010 Nissan NV200,2010 Nissan GT-R SpecV,2010 Nissan Cube,2010 Nissan Altima Sedan,2010 Nissan Altima Coupe,2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster,2009 Nissan Xterra,2009 Nissan Pixo,2009 Nissan Note,2009 Nissan Murano,2009 Nissan Maxima,2009 Nissan Frontier,2009 Nissan 370Z,2008 Nissan X-Trail,2008 Nissan Rogue,2008 Nissan Pathfinder,2008 Nissan GT-R,2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R,2007 Nissan Mixim,2007 Nissan Altima,2006 Nissan Urge Concept,2006 Nissan Note,2006 Nissan 350Z,2005 Nissan Zaroot Concept,2005 Nissan Xterra,2005 Nissan Terrano,2005 Nissan Sport Concept,2005 Nissan Primera,2005 Nissan Pivo Concept,2005 Nissan Pickup,2005 Nissan Patrol,2005 Nissan Pathfinder,2005 Nissan Micra,2005 Nissan Altima,2004 Nissan Titan,2004 Nissan Tiida
1. The list of automotive Makes at the right edge of the screen. The currently selected ODB-ii codes is for the Nissan makes.
2. Look up the other OBD II Trouble Codes, please use the search box. Enter the 5 character trouble codes in the search box and submit the search.
3. Don’t assume a particular OBD-II code means the same for other auto manufacturers as there are many makes specific codes in use.
4. If your OBD-II trouble codes are for a different car, select that vehicle series before searching for the diagnostic codes because not all OBD2 codes used by one manufacture are used by the other makes.
5. The information contained on this site is presented for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for any actions you take on your vehicle. If you have any doubt as to repairs on your vehicle, please contact your technician.