OBD-II Trouble Code Description for P0473 Peugeot
Exhaust Pressure Sensor High
What does this mean?
OBD2 Code P0473 Peugeot definition:
The exhaust back pressure (EBP) sensor is a variable capacitance sensor that, when supplied with a 5-volt reference signal from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), produces a linear analog voltage signal that indicates pressure. The EBP sensor’s primary function is to measure exhaust back pressure so that the PCM can control the exhaust back pressure regulator (EPR) when needed.
Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0473 Peugeot
– Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Possible causes of OBD code P0473 Peugeot
– Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: An EBP signal that is detected out of range (high or low) by the PCM will cause the engine to ignore the EBP signal and disable exhaust back pressure operation.
Replacing the exhaust back pressure usually takes care of the problem
The OBD2 Code Information Be Applicable For Peugeot:
2013 Peugeot 508,2013 Peugeot 4008,2013 Peugeot 308,2013 Peugeot 208,2013 Peugeot 107,2012 Peugeot 308,2012 Peugeot 208,2011 Peugeot 508,2011 Peugeot 408,2011 Peugeot 308,2010 Peugeot 207,2010 Peugeot 207,2009 Peugeot 407,2009 Peugeot 308,2009 Peugeot 206,2009 Peugeot 107,2008 Peugeot 308,2008 Peugeot 207,2007 Peugeot 308,2007 Peugeot 207,2006 Peugeot 407,2006 Peugeot 207,2006 Peugeot 206,2005 Peugeot 407,2005 Peugeot 307,2005 Peugeot 206,2005 Peugeot 107,2005 Peugeot 1007,2004 Peugeot 607,2004 Peugeot 407,2004 Peugeot 206,2003 Peugeot 307,2003 Peugeot 206
1. The list of automotive Makes at the right edge of the screen. The currently selected ODB-ii codes is for the Peugeot makes.
2. Look up the other OBD II Trouble Codes, please use the search box. Enter the 5 character trouble codes in the search box and submit the search.
3. Don’t assume a particular OBD-II code means the same for other auto manufacturers as there are many makes specific codes in use.
4. If your OBD-II trouble codes are for a different car, select that vehicle series before searching for the diagnostic codes because not all OBD2 codes used by one manufacture are used by the other makes.
5. The information contained on this site is presented for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for any actions you take on your vehicle. If you have any doubt as to repairs on your vehicle, please contact your technician.